Blog Widget by LinkWithin

A Taste Of Fall!

>> Wednesday, September 9, 2015

My family and I took some time this past weekend to go to the local Cider mill. Despite the fact that it was 90° with high humidity, the taste of Fall was wonderful! We were out in the country where they were harvesting crops--there were apples and corn on the cob everywhere, and the smell of donuts and cider was absolutely mouthwatering! By the time we left, I decided I'm done with the Summer heat and I'm ready for Fall! I'm looking forward to decorating the house this weekend with my son. I can't wait to get out my sunflower wreath, decorate the mantle with my leaf garland, and put the scarecrow on the porch! Last night when I sat down to stamp I was inspired by our Cider mill visit and I brought my Autumn stamps out to make this card!
 
 
I used several DRS Designs stamps to create this card. I stamped the Scarecrow (566F) first, then I masked him and used yellow and burnt orange inks to stamp the Long Tall Wheat (590H) behind him. I used Copic Markers to color the image. It was matted with a brown scalloped rectangle and set aside while I worked on the rest of the card. The card front was created with orange and yellow card stock. The orange card stock was embossed with a leaf embossing folder and a wide brown ribbon hid the seam where the two colors came together. The matted image was placed just off center between the panels as shown and the Happy Fall Ya'll (635B) sentiment was stamped in brown ink and cut out with a decorative paper punch. As you can see, it was placed at the bottom, left-hand corner of the image. The final touch was adding a fishtail banner embellishment in the upper right corner and an orange paper leaf was added to the center. The card front was then adhered to an A2 dark brown cardstock base and my card was complete. 

So, what are your thoughts about the change of seasons--do you prefer the Summer heat or are you ready for Fall? 

Thanks for stopping by today!
 
Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Jennifer, your trip sounds awesome and your card is so Fall-ish! Wonderful coloring on the scarecrow and I want that wheat image!!! I am sooo really for Fall!!! Hugz

Janett said...

We went to a cider mill when we went to Michigan a few years ago it was very impressive we don't have those here lots of orchards. Your card is the perfect fall card love the layers and colors and I'm so ready for fall.

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh, I am ready for Fall!!! Your scarecrow is so cute! Love the embossing as well. Very fun Harvest card!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So cute, Jennifer! I wish fall was already here...my fave time of year. Love your wonderful autumn colors.

Sue said...

I love your scarecrow in the corn field!!! Awesome coloring on that bad boy :) and I agree with you too, I'm done with summer and so looking forward to fall and the cooler weather!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP